Yes, that’s right! Daniel the Giraffe, English major and soon to a holder of a BA degree, is starting a book club. As 2019 is approaching, almost everyone’s new years resolution is to read more. If that’s not the case for you, then it should be. Reading has been proven to be beneficial to make you smarter, prevent dementia, reduce stress, develop critical thinking skills, improves communication skills, build your self-esteem, help you sleep better, and could save you money.
Here are information/guidelines/tips regarding the book club
- This book club is purely online. We will not meet at a random bookshop or coffee shop and discuss the book. Instead, the book club discussion will be held in the comments section of the blog post and/or via Goodreads if you click on this link.
- I will choose a book monthly. The book I choose will be anywhere from 200-400 pages long and I will provide you with links of where to obtain the book.
- The selection of books will be mostly fiction and some non-fiction books. The following genres I will choose from are the following genres:
-Fantasy, mystery, historical fiction, literary fiction, action and adventure, romance, and young adult.
- The selection of the books will be anything from 2000-until to the present. Although in my opinion, it will be fun to read Moby Dick as a group, reading old classic books are often very long and could be challenging for some.
- I encourage you too to recommend me picks for the next month book choice. I’m only one person and any help towards the book club will be appreciated.
- You are not obligated to express your opinions about the book on my blog or on Goodreads. Reading is an intimate and private activity that not everyone chooses to engage in discussing their experience of reading the novel.
- You are not obligated to read every book. If the month’s pick doesn’t interest you, you are free to skip it and choose to read to read the next book too.
- The pick of the month’s book will be announced on the first of every month via my blog, or my twitter account at @danielgiraffe.
- As you are reading the month’s pick, you can check my blog daily and see my comments/review as I’m reading the book along. As the month goes by, I’ll attach links to other reviewers on the books, interviews with the author, other book recommendations, my favorite quotes from the book, and music/clips that relate to month’s book to enrich the experience of the book.
- This book club is for people who want to get back into reading. My selection of books will be about the lives that are completely different from our day to day lives. Reading is fun and the purpose of the books are to entertain and suck you into a world you’ve never been before.
So, see you January 1st as I announce the first pick of our book club.
Comment below if you are interested in joining my book club and/or comment below book recommendations that follow the guidelines.